Coca-Cola Student Sustainability Grants 2018
September 11, 2018
Applications are now open for the Coca-Cola Student Sustainability Grants! The Office of Student Life and Coca-Cola have partnered together for the past seven years to offer grants for Ohio State students to implement sustainability-focused projects on campus. The available funding ranges from $500 to $15,000 per project. All Ohio State students and student organizations are eligible and encouraged to apply.
The Coca-Cola Student Sustainability Grants have given students the opportunity to fund initiatives targeted toward enhancing campus sustainability, conserving resources, and reducing greenhouse gases. The awarded projects vary with different creative approaches to addressing issues relating to sustainability. See the full list below.
- Carmack Woods – preservation and restoration
- Combined project: AgriCULTURE (on campus garden) and “Reviving Ohio State’s Student Farm”
- Plastic bag recycling – residence hall pilot project
- Residence hall composting - pilot project
- Agricultural Solution for The Njau Community – seed funding for fundraising
- Light Up with LED – light bulb exchange and educational outreach
- Take Back the Tap Exchange Year II - distribution of reusable water bottles
- Home – art project
- Solo Cup documentary
- Making bio-polycarbonate plastics from carbon dioxide and campus wastes
- Take Back the Tap Exchange – distribution of reusable water bottles
- Solar Concentration Powered Tesla Turbines for Small-scale Energy Operation
- Production of biodiesels and polyurethane (PU) foams from campus waste.
- Howlett Hall Green Wall.
- Building a Sustainable Food System through University Purchasing – attendance to state conference.
- Sustainable Conversion of Organic Waste from Campus into Fuels and Chemicals.
- Design Intervention - Zero Waste Pilot Project at Lincoln House
- Commitment Week – student competition
- Solar charging picnic table
- Food, sustainability and spirituality – lecture and dinner
- Comprehensive Bicycle Route Map for Campus
- E-waste Take Back Program
- Farm SMART! Agriculture Station
- Invasive Plant Species Management Course
- Project Smart Strip Savings
- Buckeye Bike Mobile
- Wexner Center Chef’s Garden – Heirloom Café