May 18, 2017
Summer is the time for festivals in Columbus! From the Asian Festival to the State Fair there is something for everyone! Stay tuned for tips to make your summer festival experience more sustainable! See the events calendar here!
Sustainable Transportation- Save yourself the trouble of trying to find somewhere to park, and save money by using alternative transportation.
- The Central Ohio Greenway Trail system includes trails that run through downtown Columbus-the location of many festivals, including Riverfest and Red, White & Boom.
- Bike shelters are available at several locations.
- CoGo bike rental stations are located throughout downtown.
- Bike parking is available at many festivals, including the Columbus Arts Festival and the Dublin Irish Festival. See this link for bike safety tips!
Reusable containers-Create a reusable to-go pack! You can bring a reusable bag, cutlery, straws, and water bottles.
Recycling- Give your waste a new life by recycling!
- Beverage cans and bottles belong in recycling bins. Food, cups, and plastic bags do not!
- Quick guide to recycling in Columbus.
Connect- meet others in the community and learn about the local culture of Columbus!
Volunteer- With all of the activities going on, many festivals need volunteers.
- This is a great opportunity to meet people and give back to the community.
- There are usually positions that involve picking up trash to keep the festival clean! It’s a win-win for sustainability.
See your festival’s website for more information on bicycle parking, volunteering, event lineups, and more!