Time: Tuesday, April 7, 2020 12:00 PM - 2:00 PM
Location: Wilce Student Health Center
Student Health Services will be giving PPDs to Health Professional Students on the first floor of the Wilce Student Health Center. This program is by appointment only. The appointment is simply to reserve your spot in the clinic, and the vaccines will be given on a first-come first-serve basis.
Appointments can be scheduled:
- Online via MyBuckMD (Select this date and Vaccine Clinic - PPD Give for the appointment reason)
- By phone with Advice/Appointments - (614) 292-4321
- In person with Advice/Appointments
A PPD is a two-visit process, requiring 2 trips to Student Health Services.
- At the first visit, PPD give, you will receive a small shot of PPD (purified protein derivative) under the top layer of skin. This causes a bump or welt to form. This usually goes away in a few hours.
- At the second visit, PPD read, 48-72** hours after your first, a provider will check the area to see if you had a strong reaction to the test.
**You must return within 48-72 hours after the PPD give appointment to have your PPD read. If you return earlier than 48 hours or later than 72 hours your PPD read is not valid and the PPD will not count towards the compliance requirements for your program.
To learn more about PPDs, check out MedlinePlus.
**Appointment may take up to 20-30 minutes depending on total number scheduled for the day. Please schedule your appointment accordingly.**
Add to your Outlook calendar
Add to your Google Calendar