Coca-Cola Student Sustainability Grants 2016
September 12, 2016
The Office of Student Life in partnership with Coca-Cola is pleased to offer grants for Ohio State students to implement projects with a sustainability focus. The funding available ranges between $500 and $15,000 per project. All Ohio State students and student organizations are eligible to apply. All students must collaborate with a student organization or university department and secure a staff or faculty advisor for the project.
For the past five years, the Coca-Cola Student Sustainability Grants have given students an opportunity to fund their own initiatives targeted toward promoting and enhancing sustainability, resource conservation, and the reduction of greenhouse gases. The selected projects include a wide variety with different creative approaches to address issues relating to sustainability. See the full list below.
Apply at go.osu.edu/CocaColaGrants2016
Questions? Contact Carlos Lugo at firstname.lastname@example.org or 614-247-7960.
Past Awarded Projects
- Solo Cup documentary
- Making bio-polycarbonate plastics from carbon dioxide and campus wastes
- Take Back the Tap Exchange – distribution of reusable water bottles
- Solar Concentration Powered Tesla Turbines for Small-scale Energy Operation
- Production of biodiesels and polyurethane (PU) foams from campus waste.
- Howlett Hall Green Wall.
- Building a Sustainable Food System through University Purchasing – attendance to state conference.
- Sustainable Conversion of Organic Waste from Campus into Fuels and Chemicals.
- Design Intervention - Zero Waste Pilot Project at Lincoln House
- Commitment Week – student competition
- Solar charging picnic table
- Food, sustainability and spirituality – lecture and dinner
- Comprehensive Bicycle Route Map for Campus
- E-waste Take Back Program
- Farm SMART! Agriculture Station
- Invasive Plant Species Management Course
- Project Smart Strip Savings
- Buckeye Bike Mobile
- Wexner Center Chef’s Garden – Heirloom Café