@GreenBuckeyes Instagram Challenge
Calling all Instagrammers and sustainability lovers! @GreenBuckeyes and Time for Change Week are teaming up to host a photo sweepstakes! Each week will have a different theme connecting to sustainability at Ohio State. DM @GreenBuckeyes a photo that represents your interpretation of the theme to be entered to win! Winners will be selected at random, and multiple photo submissions are allowed. One photo = one entry.
DM your photos to @GreenBuckeyes, and don’t forget to follow them!
- Week 1, March 27-31: Food Sustainability. Entries should feature photos illustrating food sustainability—e.g., photos of organic foods, plant-based diets, food waste-reduction strategies, composting, etc.
- Week 2, April 3-7: Zero Waste. Entries should feature how students can reduce their waste—e.g., recycling, composting, reusing water bottles or reusable bags, etc.
- Week 3, April 10-14: Taking Action. Entries should feature students taking action to protect the environment—e.g., picking up litter, removing invasive plants, watering indoor plants, writing a letter to their member of Congress, advocating for climate justice, etc.
- Week 4, April 17-21: Environmental Wellness. Entries should feature students enjoying their natural environment—e.g., hiking, running outside, sitting on the Oval with friends, walking your dog, etc.
- All currently enrolled students (undergraduate, graduate and professional at any of Ohio State’s campuses) may participate in the sweepstakes.
- While the weekly themes are listed in the order they will be featured, participants may submit their photos under any of the themes at any time during the sweepstakes.
- Winners will be contacted via direct message on Instagram.
- Entries must be original photos and not copied from another source.
- Entries may not contain material that is inappropriate, indecent, harmful, hateful or contain profanity, nudity or sexual content.
Prizes include indoor herb garden kits; an Ohio State Zero Waste kit including a compost bin, reusable straws, zero waste literature and HydroFlask-brand water bottles; Indoor/outdoor solar-powered Bluetooth speakers; sling backpacks, hammocks and a SpikeBall game. Prizes will be awarded randomly to winners.
Official Sweepstakes Rules
Summary. @GreenBuckeyes Instagram Challenge is a sweepstakes open to all currently enrolled students at The Ohio State University to show their peers what “Living Sustainably” means. Participants will send photographs showing how they engage in activities under specific themes (“weekly themes”) via an Instagram direct message, and prize winners will be drawn at random from all entries in each category received. The Sweepstakes (the “Sweepstakes”) is operated by The Ohio State University (the “University”) and will be conducted pursuant to these Rules and Regulations.
Sweepstakes Period. The Sweepstakes period begins on March 27, 2023, at 12:00 p.m and closes on April 15, 2023, at 12:01 a.m.
Eligibility. The Sweepstakes is open to all enrolled undergraduate, graduate and professional students at the University.
How to Enter. No purchase or payment is necessary to enter or win the Sweepstakes. Students may enter by sending photos using Instagram Direct Messaging (DM-ing) to @GreenBuckeyes on Instagram. By entering the Sweepstakes, all eligible (“Entrants”) agree to abide by these Rules and Regulations.
Selection of Winners. The Sweepstakes will select winners based on random selection, provided the entries illustrate the weekly themes and the overall message of “Living Sustainably.” Winners will be announced on April 30, 2023, via @GreenBuckeyes Instagram account. Winners’ submissions will be displayed in areas identified by The Ohio State University Office of Student Life with credit to the Entrant.
Ownership, Rights, Name and Likeness, and Publicity.
- Entrants hereby transfer and assign to the University all right, title and interest (including but not limited to copyright rights) in any Submission that Entrants submit for the Sweepstakes to the University and all Submissions shall be deemed, and shall remain, the property of the University upon submission to @GreenBuckeyes via Instagram DM. Accordingly, the University shall exclusively own all now known or hereafter existing copyright to the Submission of every kind and nature, in perpetuity, throughout the universe. To the extent that such transfer and assignment of ownership in the Submission may be void or unenforceable, by submitting a Submission, Entrants agree to grant to the University a non-exclusive, perpetual, irrevocable, royalty-free, sub-licensable, fully paid-up, worldwide license to such Submission, together with all intellectual property rights therein, including, without limitation, the license rights to cache, publicly display, and reproduce the Submission. Entrants also give up any claim that any use by the University, derivative or otherwise, of any Submission violates any of Entrants rights, including, but not limited to, moral rights, privacy rights, rights to publicity, proprietary or other rights, and/or rights to credit for the material or ideas set forth therein.
By submitting Entrant Submission, Entrants:
- Warrant to the University that Entrants have secured all rights and releases to all material in Submission, including the images, script, and rights to include all persons, places or organizations included or depicted. If Submission contains images or identifications of any persons or organizations, Entrants agree that Entrants will submit release forms from those persons (or their parents or guardians) or organizations for the use of their identifications or images in Entrants Submission.
- Agree to allow the University to use Entrants name, identification, and likeness to use, promote or publicize Entrants Submission in any manner, without limitation, and without further compensation.
- Assign all right, title and interest in any physical materials
Entrants provide to the University and acknowledge that no Submissions shall be returned. Except for such obligations explicitly set forth in these Sweepstakes Rules, the University shall have all rights to use Submission in any way, without any further obligation, notice, compensation or approval.
Governing Law. The laws of the State of Ohio govern the Sweepstakes, without regard to its conflict of law provisions. The Sweepstakes is void where prohibited by law, and all federal, state, and local laws and regulations apply.