2017 Energy Competition Winners
April 18, 2017
Congratulations to Lincoln for winning the Lincoln vs. Morrill energy competition! Lincoln saw kWh per day drop from 2779 to 2664, a drop of 4.1%. Morrill's usage also dropped from 2858 to 2848, a drop of 0.4%. With today's electric rate, this works out to nearly $4100 per year, if the savings persisted all year.
Lincoln will be recognized with a trophy to showcase their energy saving efforts!
Here are some Green Buckeye energy saving tips:
- Turn off the lights when you leave the room
- Turn off your electronics overnight
- Unplug your electronics when not in use-and improve the life of your electronics in the process!
- In hot weather, set your thermostat to 72°F-75°F
- In cold weather, set your thermostat to 68°F-72°F
- Do NOT blast the heat or air to change the room temperature rapidly- furnaces and air conditioners do not work faster or harder to warm or cool a room this way. It will take the same amount of time as setting it to the desired temperature.